report cards go home in january!
Parent Meeting Presentation and Q&A
Long Term Learning Targets for
- I can demonstrate curiosity by asking open ended questions and seeking to learn more.
- I can add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) using models and the standard algorithm.
- I can multiply and divide fractions using models and the standard algorithm.
- I can solve word problems involving fractions by using visual fraction models or equations to represent and solve the problem.
- I can use benchmark fractions and number sense of fractions to estimate mentally and assess the reasonableness of answers.
- I can explain why a fraction a/b is equivalent to a fraction (n x a)/(n x b) by using visual fraction models.
- I can understand a fraction a/b with a > 1 as a sum of fractions 1/b.
- I can explain the causes and effects of World War I.
- I can explain the history of women's suffrage.
- I can describe the key elements of the Roaring 20s and the impacts of the Harlem Renaissance.
- I can explain the causes and effects of the Great Depression, including how life changed for many Americans and how Franklin Delano Roosevelt's New Deal was established to address the major impacts of the depression.
- I can locate important places on a map related to historical locations (Panama Canal, Chicago, IL)..
- I can explain economic concepts related to the Roaring 20s and Great Depression.