CONFERENCES finishing up in November
Parent Meeting Presentation and Q&A
Long Term Learning Targets for
november and december
- I can demonstrate craftsmanship by creating multiple drafts, using kind, specific, and helpful feedback, and doing my best work on all work products.
- I can fluently multiply and divide multi-digit whole numbers and use another method or estimation to check accuracy and reasonableness.
- I can apply understanding of exponents and multiplication and division to deepen my understanding and accuracy with order of operations.
- I can demonstrate understanding place value for whole numbers and decimals and compare, order, and round decimals.
- I can add and subtract decimals.
- I can fluently add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals.
- I can apply whole number and decimal operations to real world problems.
- I can demonstrate commitment and a growth mindset by making corrections to my work.
- I can explain how life changed after the Civil War to the turn of the century as it relates to immigration, travel, communication, and lifestyle.
- I can explain how The United States increased its size and power in the world at the turn of the century.
- I can explain the causes and effects of World War I.
- I can locate important places on a map related to historical locations (Chisholm Trail, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Panama Canal)..
- I can explain economic concepts related to industrialization post Civil War to the turn of the century.
- I can explain the role of entrepreneurs and their contributions to an economy.