Parent Meeting Presentation and Q&A
Long Term Learning Targets for August
- I can explain the order of operations.
- I know that PEMDAS is an easy to remember the order of operations.
- I can solve expressions that use parentheses, brackets, or braces using the order of operations (PEMDAS).
- I can use key mathematical terms to help me determine which operation to use in writing or evaluating expressions.
- I can write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers.
- I can understand numerical expressions without solving them.
- I can recognize that in a multi-digit number, a digit in one place represents 10 times what it represents in the place to the right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to the left.
- I can exp;lain patterns in the number of zeroes in a product and the placement of a decimal point when multiplying or dividing by a power of 10.
- I can use whole-number exponents to denote powers of 10.
- I can observe cells and their structures using microscopes and hand lenses.
- I can identify the parts of a plant cell (membrane, wall, cytoplasm, nucleus, and chloroplasts) and determine the function of the parts.
I can identify the parts of an animal cell (membrane, cytoplasm, and nucleus) nad determine the function of the parts.
- I can compare and contrast structure and function of multi-celled and single-celled organisms.
- I can explain what a microorganism is.
- I can locate on a map important places in the United States.
- I can utilize multiple sources to create a graphic representation of my geographic understandings.
- I can explain the reasons for the spatial patterns of economic activities.
- I can use the basic economic concepts of trade, opportunity cost, specialization, voluntary exchange, productivity, and price incentives to illustrate historical events.
- I can describe the function of the four major sectors of the U.S. economy
- I can explain how citizen’s rights are protected under the U.S. Constitution.
- I can explain the process by which amendments to the Constitution are made.
- I can defend the responsibilities and rights of United States Citizens.
- I can explain the impact of key amendments to the Constitution that have improved the Civil Rights of some groups of Americans..