Long Term Learning Targets for APril
- I can apply 5th grade grammar, usage, and mechanics skills in writing.
- I can develop an organized, persuasive editorial.
- I can develop an engaging narrative using historical information to tell a story.
- I can analyze poetry.
- I can describe text structures of prose, poetry, and drama contribute to the overall meaning of a text.
- I can explain more fully various points of view and how they change the perception of the reader about the text.
- I can describe post-war America.
- I can describe key people and events of the Civil Rights era and how life changed during the 1950s-1970s.
- I can describe the Cold War era and explain the Korean and Vietnam Wars and America's involvement.
- I can explain modern conflicts in the Middle East and America's involvement.
- I can describe modern technologies and their impact on life in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- I can explain the differences between a physical change and a chemical change.
- I can demonstrate and explain examples of how cutting, tearing, and folding are physical changes.
- I can construct an argument that supports a physical change in the state of water, are due to temperature changes.
- I can explain how small particles, that cannot be seen, can move differently due to a physical change.
- I can explain if a chemical change occurred based on observable evidence. I can solve real world and mathematical problems involving volume.
- I can identify the x and y axis in the coordinate system, locate the origin, and explain how to read and plot a point.
- I can graph points in the first quadrant.
- I can form ordered pairs from tow different patterns.
I can create two numerical patterns using two given rules and create a sequence.
I can identify the relationship between two numerical patterns.